HOW TO CONVERT YOUR DVD TO MP4 (H.264 Codec)?
1. Select the target format
Press button to select MP4 on the main panel. then click option and show the list of Profiles (MP4 Profile Field) select one of the offered PSP profiles. You can also click Edit Profile button to manually set the PSP profile parameters.
For novice users it is recommended to select one of the default PSP AVC H.264 profile or iPod AVC H.264 Profile.
2. Loading DVD:
Insert DVD disc into the DVD Drive,click on "open DVD"(1st button) or "open IFO File "(2nd button) button to load DVD. It is important to select the IFO file, because the IFO file contains the information about the entire DVD structure and this way you will avoid audio and video de-synch problems when converting.
3. Choosing titles and chapters:
Choose(check) the video clip or chapters you want to convert,right click your mouse to check for individual video clip/chapter,you can also rip from any positon to any positon of a chapter with using "split" button
4.Set up a proper video output file path.
Click the Browse... button next to Output File Name field and select a location on your HDD for the output video file.
NOTE! It is important that when you select a location for your output video file, you should save the file to your HDD, not to the Memory Stick directly.
5.Convert DVD files to MP4(H.264 AVC).
After you have set up all the conversion parameters, hit the start! button to start converting.
6.Transfer the converted video file to PSP.
Connect your PSP to your computer with the help of a mini-USB cable. Turn on the PSP. Select USB connection in the Settings menu.
- Locate your memory stick using Windows Explorer and open it. Check if there is a folder named MP_ROOT . If the folder does not exist, create it then in that folder create a folder named 100MNV01 . This makes the path to the video folder on your PSP as E:\\MP_ROOT\100MNV01\MV4xxxxx.MP4 (where E is the PSP drive letter).
- Copy your MPEG-4 video files into the 100MNV01 folder. Save both .mp4 and .THM files into this folder.
Note : Keep the file names in the MV4XXXXX.mp4 (where XXXXX is any 5-digit or 4-digit number) format. You can use any 5-digit number. The .THM file is a thumbnail image of your video. It is not necessary for playback but is needed to view the video thumbnail on your PSP.
- PSP is a registered trademark of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.
- Sony is a registered trademark of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.
- DivX is a registered trademark of DivX, Inc.
- iPod is a registered trademark of Apple Computer, Inc.
- All other marks are the property of their respective owners.