HOW TO CONVERT YOUR DVDs TO Zune?
What you need:
All you need to transfer your dvd to your ZUNE is:
1. Select the target format
Press button to select WMV on the main panel. then click option and show the list of Profiles (WMV Profile Field) select one of the offered WMV profiles. You can also click Edit Profile button to manually set the WMV profile parameters.
For novice users it is recommended to select one of the default WMV profiles.
If you would like to change the video file parameters you can edit the following information
- Resolution: Zune’s resolution is 320*240.
- Frame rate: 25fps is PAL, 30fps is NTSC.
- Codec: this DVD ripper software provides two codes. For converting MP4, you can use XviD or H.264. For converting WMV, here are three encodes for you, WM7, WM8 and WM9.
- Video bitrate and audio bitrate: higher bitrate provides better quality with lager size and longer conversion time.
- DVD movie often has a black border to both the top and bottom, if you want to cut it and watch your DVD with full screen, you can click ‘crop’ button to set it exactly.
2. Loading DVD:
Insert DVD disc into the DVD Drive,click on "open DVD"(1st button) or "open IFO File "(2nd button) button to load DVD. It is important to select the IFO file, because the IFO file contains the information about the entire DVD structure and this way you will avoid audio and video de-synch problems when converting.
3. Choosing titles and chapters:
Here you have to select the Title which has the BIGGEST length. In our situation it is Title01. Highlight it and then click select. Don't worry about the other ones, they are just intros, extras or ads of the movie.Choose(check) the video clip or chapters you want to convert,right click your mouse to check for individual video clip/chapter,you can also rip from any positon to any positon of a chapter with using "split" button
4.Set up a proper video output file path.
Click the Browse... button next to Output File Name field and select a location on your HDD for the output video file.
5.Convert your DVD files.
After you have set up all the conversion parameters, hit the start! button to start converting.supports batch conversion; you could add multi tasks at one time and then go away to do anything else. It could shut down computer automatically after all tasks are finished. You could preview your DVD while converting or click “Hide Preview” to shorten the conversion time. You could also get much info about conversion here.
6.Play Video on Zune™
Zune can store and play videos so you can carry them with you and watch them anytime on the big, bright screen. If you have videos on your PC and chose to include them during Zune software installation, they'll be downloaded to your Zune device when you sync for the first time. If not, you can add them to your media library and resync anytime.
To watch a video on your Zune:
From the home screen, select videos and press OK.
Select the video you want to watch, then press OK.
- PSP is a registered trademark of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.
- Zune is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation.
- DivX is a registered trademark of DivX, Inc.
- iPod is a registered trademark of Apple Computer, Inc.
- All other marks are the property of their respective owners.